Very versatile calender specially designed for bonding / laminating / full-coating a large range of substrates (woven and or knitted textiles, non-woven textiles, foams and other non-textile materials) by using any thermoplastic polymer (in granules form) or reactive (in appropriate drums). The polymer, melted by means of an appropriate extruder / fuser, is applied directly to one substrate by means of an flat cylinder (coating). In case of bonding process the second substrate can be added and calendered together, and eventually cooled down in exit thanks to an appropriate cylinder connected to a chiller unit
APPLICATIONS DEPENDING ON THE INSTALLED OPTIONS:
- Bonding / laminating by hot-melt
- Full-coating by hot-melt
- Film / web thermobonding
- Plastification and coating with film
- Transfer printing of polyurethane, PVC and synthetic leather
- Metallization and gold lamination
- Transfer of special effects (e.g.: snake skin)
- Application of “black out” films and barriers
CENTRAL MACHINE BODY
Ergonomic solid and robust structure composed of iron shoulders machined with numerical control machines, where the following devices are installed
FULL-COATING (re. 5 – 6 of the enclosed drawing )
- Spreader cylinder re.6, Ø260 mm (10,23”) made out of chrome-plated steel, motorized.
- The working temperature, electronically controlled with is adjustable from room temperature up to 230°C.
- This cylinder works in absence of air (Monti Antonio S.p.A. patent) so that to grant no oil oxidation and a long life to the heating elements.
- Dispenser cylinder re. 5, Ø260 mm (10,23”) made of chrome-plated steel, motorized.
- The heating of this cylinder is by means of diathermic oil, heated with an external boiler (included)
- Self-aligning supports to guarantee perfect contact with dosing roller
- The roller movement is granted by pistons fed with compressed air with adjustable pressure paired with electric-mechanic actuators with centesimal settings
- The roller can be misaligned, to be able to have a perfect polymer dosage
- Complete with movable lateral seals for adjustment of the coating width